This section contains topics that detail ways you can use a child's Lexile measure—and the Lexile measures of books and other reading materials—to foster literacy and learning at home:
- Reading outside of your Lexile range
- How to help a struggling reader
- How to help a reluctant reader
- How to help a high-achieving reader
- How to discuss a book with your child
- How to make reading a part of everyday life
- How Lexile measures help build vocabulary
- Is my child's Lexile measure good for his or her grade?
Also see our Summer Reading section of the site.
If The Lexile Framework for Reading is completely new to you, then you might want to start with some of these topics in the "About Lexile Measures" section, which also is accessible through the main site menu:
- What is a Lexile Measure?
- Lexile Overview Video (about six-minutes)
- How to get a Lexile Measure
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lexile Measures and Grade Levels
Also see these additional links and resources: